Thursday 5 December 2013

studio-making of my own prosthetics


MAKING OF MY OWN PROSTHETICS 


As you can see below i used Gelglyk to create round individual pieces to place on my model for my final piece. 
A difficulty was that sometimes when i squeezed the bottle, air bubbles were made as you can see in the bottom right picture. 
I mixed the gelglyk with poster paint, however it became to sticky, and i came to the conclusion that i will have to paint every single one of them once stuck on the face. 
The photo on the far left is a blood colour gelglyk, and the bottom right is flesh colour. 
I followed the instructions from weeks 1/2 on heating the gelglyk, and had to keep reheating it to make it runny, however the balls came out better when the liquid was not too runny.
Below is the progress-





No comments:

Post a Comment